The 4 hour Active Birth Workshop facilitates couples and other birth support people in key areas of birth preparation including
- creating and nurturing the birth space
- facilitating and maximising birthing and bonding hormones
- contemplating your birth preferences, your choice of birth setting and best fit with your birth team
- identifying your preferences for birth and postnatal care for Mum and baby care and contemplating/devising an all scenario birth plan
- practical skills for labour, birth and recovery using a variety of tools
- the importance of intention, relaxation and release approaching and during birth
- discussion regarding the chosen role of the husband, partner or birth support person in labour, birth and the early postnatal period
- early attachment and the importance of protecting the babymoon
The workshop is designed as an adjunct to standard hospital antenatal education classes, providing additional information to support peaceful connected births where the Mumma-baby-Daddy bond is nurtured and supported. It is suitable for both first timers and parents who have already experienced birth.
The workshop is very practical covering a range of birth skills to increase your available tool kit, understanding and confidence approaching birth. The workshop also highlights key decisions you may need to make before and during labour, birth and the postnatal period to enable you to be active and informed in the decision making processes.
The workshop is conducted in a private small group setting at Energy & Motion in Crafers and can be tailored to meet individual needs of each participant. Workshops are held every 6-8 weeks. The cost of the workshop is $180 and payment can be made ahead of the workshop via cash, bank transfer or PayPal to secure your place. Physio extras rebates may apply depending on your cover so please check with your health fund as needed.
Individual couples sessions are also available if you are unable to attend any of the scheduled sessions or other workshops times may be available by arrangement. A minimum of 2 couples is required to run each workshop
To secure your space or enquire about future workshops please contact Wendy Langshaw, Physiotherapist on 0422 184 667 or email email@example.com
Some health insurers will provide a rebate for this workshop if you have Physiotherapy and/or Antenatal extras cover.
All health insurers and levels of cover vary so please check directly with your health fund regarding your individual rebate.
Pre-payment is required to secure your place on the workshop. If for some reason you are unable to attend please provide as much notice as possible so your space may be used by another Mum or couple. If no-one is able to fill your place and the cancellation is received within 7 days of the workshop you may be charged the full workshop fee.
If the course is cancelled at short notice due to sickness of the presenter it will be rescheduled at the next available opportunity.